Monday, January 27, 2014

Fishers of Men

In the Gospel this week Jesus asks us to walk with him and become fishers of men.
“Some people might think: “I have no particular preparation, how can I go and proclaim the Gospel?”  My dear friend, your fear is not so very different from that of Jeremiah, as we have just heard in the reading when he was called by God to be a prophet.  “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.”
God says the same thing to you as he said to Jeremiah: “Be not afraid…for I am with you to deliver you” (Jeremiah 1:6,8).  He is with us!                                                  
Reflection: What do you fear when you think about proclaiming the Gospel?  Ask God to be with you and find someone to help equip you for the task.”
                                    Pope Francis homily, World Youth Day, Closing Mass, July 28, 2013
                                   Through The Year With Pope Francis, Daily Reflections

-Cheryl Kreifeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment