Sunday, July 27, 2014

Accentuate the positive

I've been here now for a month and I have been deeply impressed by the number of people who have responded beautifully to my transition here. Father Lauro, Fr. Augustine and I agree that Saint Michael Parish is a very special community of people.

No doubt, a lot of this stems from Msgr. Dolan's insistence that we must be a part of a holy family. 

What makes a holy family?

There are many answers to that question. Two, however, come to mind. (1) Spending quality time with God makes us holy and (2) supporting one another positively makes us a family.

I am a big believer that we must always accentuate the positive in all members of our parish family. I try to do this with my staff, and all of the stewards active here in our parish.  If I fail to do that, I am probably too tired and I let my fatigue be known through my actions. When I am tired, I need to get back to God and spend quality time with him. Spending time with God keeps me on the track of holiness. Spending positive time with others keeps me in a holy family.

Spend time with God and accentuate the positive in each other.


- Father John

No comments:

Post a Comment